We all love egg salad, and putting it on a sandwich just makes it taste better. We use mayonnaise, celery, fresh herbs, and, of course, hard-boiled eggs in a classic egg salad recipe. But if you add one more thing to this classic recipe, it will taste even better.
The avocado is that ingredient. Egg salad gets a new twist when avocado is added. When you add a bit of creamy avocado to the mix, everything changes. Because it has a naturally creamy texture, avocado can be used instead of mayonnaise in egg salad. It will also give the salad a new taste.
So, if you haven’t tried Avocado Egg Salad Recipes yet, this article will tell you about some good ones. You can then make it whenever you want.
Avocado Egg Salad Recipes
1) Fast & Easy Egg Salad Recipe
Time: 20 Minutes (Prep- 5 Minutes, Cooking- 15 Minutes)
- 1 medium avocado, cored and peeled
- 2 tablespoons Greek yoghurt or mayo
- 1.5 teaspoons lemon juice
- 4 hard-boiled eggs that have been peeled and chopped
- 1 celery stalk, about the length of a pencil, chopped finely (about 3 Tbsp)
- 1 teaspoon of chives, parsley, or dill, chopped finely
- Salt & Black Pepper
- Mash the avocado, mayonnaise, and lemon juice together in a small bowl.
- Mix well after adding the eggs, celery, and chives.
- Salt and pepper can be added to taste.
- Avocado egg salad with avocado should be spread on two slices of whole wheat bread.
- Avocado egg salad goes well with crackers, veggies, wraps, and even a bed of greens.
2) No Mayo Avocado Egg Salad Recipe
- 3 large hard, boiled eggs
- 1 to 2 peeled and seeded avocados
- 3 tsp of plain Greek yoghurt of good quality
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 1 celery rib, chopped very small
- 1/3 cup each of dill and parsley
- Red pepper flakes
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Get the eggs ready to boil hard: Put three hard-boiled eggs that have been peeled and roughly chopped into a bowl.
- Into the bowl, add the avocado, lemon juice, and three tablespoons of Greek yoghurt.
- Mix in chopped celery, shallots, and one-third cup of chopped parsley and dill.
- After adding some extra virgin olive oil, mix the ingredients with a spoon or fork.
- Be careful not to mash the avocados and eggs too much. It’s important to keep some texture.
How to Serve:
- For a low-carb version, you can serve this avocado egg salad without bread or lettuce wraps.
- But you have to start with good bread if you want to make a great egg salad sandwich for lunch.
- Add some leaves of romaine lettuce, build up the salad, and top it off with more fresh parsley and dill.
3) Recipe for Sweet and Tangy Avocado Egg Salad
- 6 peeled and chopped hard-boiled eggs
- 2 avocados, peeled, seeded, and cut into cubes.
- 12 cup red onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons cut-up sweet pickles
- ⅓ cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon of ready-made yellow mustard
- Salt & Black pepper
- Use a fork to break up the eggs in a mixing bowl.
- In a bowl, mix together the avocado, onion, pickle, mustard, and mayonnaise.
- Mix the ingredients together gently until they are well mixed.
- Salt and pepper can be added to taste.
- Now, you can eat it with just lettuce wraps or make it taste better by putting it in a sandwich.
Tips for Making Best Avocado Egg Salad Recipes:
- Don’t cook your hard-boiled eggs for too long. That green colour on your egg yolk is not what you want at all.
- Avocados are supposed to be creamy, so when you mix them with other things, the avocado will start to break down. It’s always better to have it with more chunks than with a texture like guacamole.
- Sprinkle chives and parsley on your food to use them in your cooking. You could use cilantro, basil, or even tarragon.
- Don’t use store-bought mayo. It’s easy to make and tastes much better than before. After making your own, you’ll never buy mayonnaise from the store again.
- If you don’t want to use mayo, you could use sour cream or yoghurt instead.
How long can Avocado Egg Salad be kept?
This recipe tastes best when it is made right away, but you can keep it in the fridge for up to two days. This isn’t as good as traditional egg salad because the avocados will start to go brown after two days.
Here are three different and tasty ways to make avocado egg salad. You can replace the mayonnaise in the recipe with sour cream or yoghurt. Also, try making these recipes your own.
We hope this article helped and taught you something. Please share your good ideas and thoughts in the comments section.
We appreciate you reading!