Moringa, which is also called “drumsticks,” is a common ingredient in Indian food. This herb has been used in Ayurveda for a long time because it is good for your health in many ways. It can keep skin problems, diabetes, and infections at bay. Besides all of these things, it can also help you lose weight.
Moringa comes from subcontinental parts of Asia and Africa. Its leaves are full of minerals and vitamins that are good for you. The polyphenols in these leaves can lower the risk of cancer and heart disease.
There are 34 g of fibre in every 100 g of moringa powder. People who want to lose weight should eat more fibre, especially soluble fibre, because it makes you feel full and eat less. Fiber also lowers the amount of hormones in the body that make you feel hungry.
Moringa also has a lot of:
- Calcium helps keep your bones healthy.
- Iron makes it easier for the blood to carry oxygen.
- Copper helps the immune system work well and keeps blood vessels healthy.
- Vitamin A is good for your eyes.
- Magnesium helps fight depression and reduces swelling.
- Zinc – Improves immune function.
Moringa Can Help You Lose Weight
High amount of fibre in the food
Moringa leaves have a lot of fibre, which helps your body absorb water and makes you feel fuller for longer. This naturally makes you feel less hungry and reduces your cravings, which slows the way your body absorbs food and helps keep your blood sugar levels in check. Because you feel full for a longer time, you eat fewer calories.
Fatty acids in high amounts
Up to 76.73% of Moringa oleifera seeds are made up of monounsaturated fatty acids. These fatty acids protect the heart and keep the level of sugar in the blood stable. So, moringa seeds are a great choice if you want to lose weight.
Low in calories and high in nutrients
Potassium, magnesium, iron, zinc, calcium and copper are all abundant in moringa leaves. Moringa has very few calories, which makes it a great addition to the diet of people who want to lose weight. For weight loss, moringa leaves are a must-have.
Contains a lot of antioxidants
Moringa leaves have a lot of antioxidants, like chlorogenic acid, which helps people lose weight. It helps burn fat and brings blood sugar levels back to normal. But it’s important to remember that it only helps the fat-burning process; it’s better to use it along with other changes to your lifestyle.
Moringa powder can help you lose weight.
Not much is known about how moringa powder can help you lose weight. But few studies have shown that moringa powder can stop fat from building up in the body and speed up how fast fat is broken down in the body.
Also, moringa leaves are good for your health when you’re trying to lose weight because they stop inflammation.
Also, it has been shown that moringa powder works well with other weight loss supplements.
Other Good Things About Moringa
Antioxidants and polyphenols in moringa powder are thought to be the reason why it is good for your health. Moringa powder is good for your health in the following ways:
- Cholesterol levels are lowered.
- Keeps blood sugar at a healthy level.
- Helps keep blood pressure steady.
- Reduces swelling in the body.
- helps keep heart diseases from happening.
- Helps your skin and hair stay healthy and your blood flow.
How does moringa help you lose weight?
- Powder – Moringa powder can be added to smoothies, yoghurt, and shakes. This is the most common way to use moringa. The benefit of buying Moringa powder is that you can buy it in large quantities. Moringa oil or capsules are more expensive than Moringa powder.
- Capsules – Capsules containing moringa powder are available. Moringa capsules are easy to take, and all you have to do is swallow them with water. Moringa capsules are often recommended by women who want to lose weight because they contain a lot of Moringa. Even so, you should still check the correct dosage of the capsules before taking them.
- Tea: Moringa powder can also be used to make a decoction that can be drunk as tea. Moringa tea is a relaxing drink because it doesn’t have caffeine in it.
- Oil: Moringa oil is a popular product for skin care and hair care. The oil is very good at healing, and you can find it in a lot of beauty products. Moringa oil is an ingredient in a wide range of cosmetics and makeup.
If you take medicine for your blood sugar or blood pressure, you should talk to your doctor before taking moringa.
Some things to think about with moringa
Moringa usually doesn’t have any serious side effects, so most people can eat this herb/vegetable without any problems. Most studies done so far haven’t found any bad effects from Moringa powder either. Even if you take 8 grammes of it every day, tests have shown that it is safe. But if you have diabetes or are taking medicine for high blood pressure, please talk to your doctor. Moringa may make these medicines work better, which could cause problems.
Keep in mind that you can eat many parts of the moringa plant, but not all of them are safe. If the bark of the plant is used to make a moringa powder or capsule, pregnant women shouldn’t take those supplements. There may be chemicals in the bark of this plant that cause the uterus to contract. This, in turn, may raise the risk of a miscarriage. Talk to your doctor before taking any kind of Moringa powder if you are pregnant or breastfeeding. Another thing to keep in mind is that you shouldn’t eat raw moringa roots. They have alkaloids in them that could make you feel like you can’t move. They can also make you go to the bathroom, so use them in moderation.
Moringa is also called the “Miracle Plant” because it is so good for your health. The tree’s leaves have a lot of vitamins, minerals, and polyphenols, and they can help you reach your weight loss goals faster.