Chicken Kabobs are one dish that can be called one of the best appetizers. Chicken kabobs are definitely one of the most popular dishes out there, and mostly everybody loves them.
They are simple, full of flavors, and take less time to cook if marinated early. But one thing that can make or break the flavor of chicken kabobs is the time you keep them on the grill. Most people don’t have proper time knowledge. So how long do you grill chicken kabobs?
The chicken kabobs need to stay on the grill for around 12-15 minutes overall, and you need to cook each side for around 3-5 minutes on the grill. The time more or less can vary based on the marination you use and the heat on the grill. Overall, the time to keep kabobs on the grill is 12-15 minutes.
Let’s get to know more about chicken kabobs and how to make them.
How Long Do You Grill Chicken Kabobs?
The exact answer cannot be known as there can be a variation in the side thickness of the marination and heat on the grill. But as per experts, you need to keep the kabobs for around 12-15 minutes overall and for each side 3-5 minutes.
This way, you can make perfectly grilled and cooked chicken kabobs. They will test the best if the chicken is properly cooked inside and if flavors have been in there.
Grilled Chicken Kabobs Recipe
Cooked to perfection, the juicy Grilled Chicken Kabobs are prepared with garlicky chicken and delectable veggies. They’re bursting with flavor and smokiness, and they’re absolutely delicious. The combination of succulent, delicate chicken and slightly caramelized vegetables creates an enticing entrée.
Let’s know the whole Grilled Chicken Kabobs Recipe so that you can enjoy it too!
- Preparation – 20 Mins
- Cook: 40 mins
- Total: 60 mins
- 1½ lb boneless chicken breasts
- 1 lemon juiced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 bell peppers cut into squares
- 1 large red onion cut into thick slices
- Vegetable oil for greasing the grill
- Olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, paprika, cumin, cinnamon, salt, and pepper should all be mixed together in a medium bowl.
- Add the chicken pieces to the mixture and blend well. Let the chicken marinade for at least 30 minutes and up to 8 hours in the refrigerator.
- Prepare the grill over medium-high heat and lightly coat it with vegetable oil.
- When ready to grill, thread the chicken and vegetables onto the skewers, alternating between the two.
- Pour any remaining marinade over the chicken skewers. Makes 6-9 skewers.
- Grill the chicken kabobs for 12-15 minutes or until thoroughly cooked and golden brown, flipping the skewers every couple minutes to ensure equal cooking.
- Take the chicken from the grill and, if preferred, serve it with green chutney or any side dish you like.
How to Store Leftover Green Beans:
The leftover chicken kabobs can be kept in the fridge for about 4 days, and they will stay good to eat. Just don’t put the grilled kabobs in the fridge; instead, put the marinated kabobs to make fresh kabobs afterward. This way, you can eat hot chicken kabobs whenever you want.
Tips For Grilled Chicken Kabobs:
- The chicken can be marinated up to 24 hours in advance.
- If you dislike peppers, you can substitute zucchini, squash, mushrooms, tomatoes, or even cooked potatoes!
- The chicken can be marinated in yogurt to make it extra juicy and prevent it from drying out on the grill.
This was all about Chicken Kabobs and how long do you grill chicken kabobs. So all you need to do is marinate the chicken beforehand, as mentioned in the recipe above, and then grill the chicken for around 12-15 minutes. Try to cook each side of the chicken for 3-5 minutes or until cooked. Look for not burning or oven cooking chicken.
We hope you like the recipe. Let us know your thoughts & suggestions in the comments below!
Thank you for reading!