Since zucchini is one of the best vegetables to roast, zucchini fritters are a tried-and-true side dish that both adults and kids love. And the zucchini fritters are the best plant-based way to use zucchini.
You need to know two things if you want to make the best zucchini fritters. The first is to keep the zucchini from getting too soft by not cooking it too long. The sauces you serve with it are also important.
So, if you want your kids or your significant other to try zucchini made from plants, let’s jump right into the Plant Based Zucchini Recipes.
Recipes for Zucchini Fritters Made from Plants
Vegan zucchini fritters are made with a few simple, very fresh, and tasty ingredients. The outside of these vegan zucchini fritters is crisp, while the inside is moist and has just the right amount of salt. This gluten-free, plant-based side or snack is spicy and herbaceous.
Let’s get the full recipe so you can also enjoy it.
- 3.5 cups Grated Zucchini
- 1 cup All Purpose Flour
- ¼ cup Nutritional Yeast
- 1 tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Crushed Garlic
- 1 ½ tsp Baking Powder
- ¼ cup Vegan Butter
- 2 Spring Onions Chopped
- ½ tsp Crushed Garlic
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil for frying
- Vegan sour cream for serving
- Spring onions for servi
- Grate the zucchini and put it in a bowl with the other ingredients. Sprinkle the salt on top, then mix. Then, you should wait ten minutes. Because of the salt, the zucchini will let out more water.
- Then, squeeze the water out of the zucchini with your hands or a paper towel. Put the zucchini that has been strained into a separate bowl and throw away the water.
- After squeezing the zucchini and putting it in a clean bowl, add the flour, nutritional yeast, baking powder, crushed garlic, and chopped spring onions. It will be quite fragile.
- To make a thick batter, mix in the melted vegan butter.
- Set the oven to 210°F (100°C) and put a grill rack on top of a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Put your fritters in this dish to keep them warm.
- In a frying pan, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Once the frying pan is hot, use an ice cream scoop or cookie scoop to put even amounts of batter in it. If you don’t have a cookie scoop, each fritter will take about 1/4 cup.
- Use your spatula to press the top down and make it flat. Depending on the size of your pan, you can cook a few at once.
- Let it cook for about 3 minutes on each side before you flip it. When both sides are nicely browned, put the fritters on a baking sheet and put it in a warm oven.
- Use the rest of the olive oil in the pan to cook the next batch.
- Serve with minced chives and vegan sour cream.
How to Keep Plant-Based Zucchini That Has Been Eaten:
They taste best when they are hot, crisp, and new. But if you do have leftovers, put them in a covered container in the fridge for up to three days and heat them up in a hot pan.
They can also be frozen for up to three months. Defrost in the fridge and heat up.
Advice for zucchini grown from plants:
- If your mixture sticks together well even without the vegan butter, your zucchinis have more water. In this case, it would be best to add less vegan butter.
- There might be different ways to measure flour. Because of this, it is best to weigh your flour. You can also use the spoon and level method.
- Before shredding your zucchini, weigh it as a whole to get an idea of how much you have, and then weigh it again after shredding to be sure.
- Use a high heat. Let a small amount of oil heat up in the pan before adding the fritters. Then, let each side get nice and brown.
- Use your hands or a dish towel to squeeze the zucchini to get rid of any extra water.
What to Serve with Recipes for Zucchini Made from Plants?
This was all about zucchini fritters, which are one of the best plant-based ways to use zucchini. Before you serve them, you can put vegan sour cream and chopped spring onions on top of your zucchini fritters. Vegan zucchini fritters have a wonderful savoury taste and are both crunchy on the outside and very soft on the inside.
We hope the recipe is good. Tell us what you think and what you think we should do in the comments!
We appreciate you reading!