For those who don’t know, zucchini noodles, also called “zoodles,” are just raw courgettes (zucchini) that have been spiralized to look like spaghetti. As a low-carb alternative to regular pasta, they help you get the fibre you need every day without sacrificing taste. So, if you’ve never made zucchini noodles, here are some vegan zucchini noodle recipes to get you started.
Zucchini noodles are healthy, tasty, and easy to make any time of year, but they are especially good when zucchinis are in season. To make this tasty vegan dish, cut your zucchini into spirals and cook it for 5 minutes. Then make your sauce and mix everything together.
Have trouble with it? Let’s get right to the recipes for vegan zucchini noodles.
Vegan Zucchini Noodle Recipes
Fresh vegetables and herbs make the Zucchini Noodles Recipe a healthy and filling meal. It doesn’t have gluten or dairy and can be made in less than 20 minutes. Here are the recipes for zucchini noodles for vegans:
How long it takes:
- Time to get ready: 10 minutes
- Cooking Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- 4 large zucchini spiralized
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 3 small tomatoes, cut up
- 1 medium onion chopped into small pieces 4 cloves of garlic chopped
- 1 cup of fresh basil
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- 1 teaspoon of Italian Spices
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- To taste, black pepper
- Make spirals out of your zucchini and put it in a colander or on paper towels to get rid of any extra water.
- Pour olive oil into a large skillet that is on medium heat and add it to the pan. Cook the onion and garlic until they smell good.
- Then, add the chopped tomatoes and let the dish simmer for a few minutes over high heat. Add the zucchini noodles and cook for about 2 to 3 minutes, until they are soft. Blend in chopped basil. Blend well.
- Depending on your taste, add cracked pepper, chilli flakes, and Italian seasoning. Serve and make happy!
Expert Tips You Can Follow:
- If you don’t have a mandolin or a spiralizer, you can use a peeler or a knife instead. Be aware that it will take a lot longer.
- You can find zucchini noodles in the produce section of most grocery stores right now. It just costs more and is often sold in smaller amounts.
- Prepare all the fruits and vegetables by slicing and spiralizing them, and store them in an airtight container. Do not cook or mix.
- This dish is best served right away, because zucchini noodles tend to get very soggy if they sit out for more than a few hours.
- Soggy zucchini noodles mean they weren’t dried out enough before they were cooked. To get rid of as much water as possible, you can twist them and pat them dry several times.
- Use a medium heat to cook them. Make sure they don’t get too soft or drown in their own juices by being overcooked.
How to Store Vegan Zoodles Made from Zucchini?
The zucchini noodles that haven’t been cooked can stay in the fridge for a few days. But it’s best to cut them up and make noodles from them right away. Also, the sauce can be kept for a few days in the fridge. So it’s up to you if you want to put the sauce in the fridge and make another batch a few days later.
All of this was about how to make zucchini noodles that are vegan. Zucchini noodles, which are sometimes called “zoodles,” are a great, healthy alternative to pasta and a great way to sneak in more vegetables. Zoodles have few calories, a lot of fibre, and a lot of good things for you. Depending on how you feel, you can eat them hot or cold. So use this recipe to make your own zucchini noodles that taste great.
We hope this article helped and taught you something. Please share your good ideas and thoughts in the comments section.
We appreciate you reading!